Dec 16, 2021
The holiday season can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to stay
that way. Dr. Anna talks about the importance of reflecting on the
joys in our lives and honoring our experiences without getting
frustrated or depressed. She also has the ultimate holiday health
gift guide for you, filled to the brim with great ideas for giving
the gift of good health this holiday season.
- [0:45] The holiday blues are a real thing and it’s not just the
stress of the season.
- [1:50] There are four pillars of health in the Girlfriend
Doctor community: Embrace, Nourish, Shine, and Awaken, and there
are gifts in each area that we give this season.
- [2:20] Celebrate the simple joys in your life. Reflect on the
joys you experience because the more you focus on something, the
more it expands and is magnetized toward you. Being able to sit and
embrace that feeling is a skill that will change your
- [4:00] Dr. Anna is giving to the House of Hope, a place that
she helped to start that helps young girls who have been
trafficked. The other charity she is passionate about is the House
of Dawn, a home for single moms that are finishing school while
providing shelter and counseling.
- [6:40] If you know someone who needs help, or you need help
yourself, email the team at dranna.com and tell us what you
- [7:10] The holiday season is about peace, and being present in
this time of our lives. When you shift from fear-based thinking to
being happy with your life as it is, it’s a complete
- [8:30] The things and people that you have lost in your life
can be honored in a spirit of love. Sorrow is a reflection of the
joy you experienced with someone. Reflect on the joy you shared and
journal it. Make it a daily practice.
- [10:10] The holidays can be stressful, but if you can recreate
the joy in your life, you shift from fear to love and that higher
emotional energy compounds.
- [11:00] Dr. Anna’s gift guide has something for every member of
the family. One of her favorites is a plant based milk maker called
the Almond Cow.
- [12:50] Another big hit is Garden Guidance Cards, created by
Dr. Anna’s daughter. Each card gives you great ideas for cooking
and preparing different vegetables and the benefits that come with
- [15:40] Olive oil is something that Dr. Anna likes to use
frequently and the Olive Oil Club is a great way to get hand-picked
olive oil for yourself or someone special.
- [16:30] The oral health detox kit from Trina Felber and the
skin care line Wellena are two more top picks. Blue light blocking
glasses are another great way to give the gift of good health.
- [17:55] If you’ve been saving all year for your own health,
something like a water filter or air filters are a great option to
level up your healthy lifestyle.
- [18:35] One of Dr. Anna’s favorite gadgets recently has been an
infrared sauna. There are various models and a huge number of
benefits that go with infrared light therapy.
- [20:15] Gratitude is a practice and a discipline. Pay attention
to the little good things in your life and you’ll be surprised at
how obvious it is that you're surrounded by joy.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Always seek the advice of your own physician or qualified
health professional before starting any treatment or plans.
Information found here and results are provided for informational
purposes only and are not intended to replace a one-on-one
relationship with a qualified healthcare professional and are not
intended as medical advice.