Mar 10, 2022
Wearing glasses may not be as uncool as they used to be, but
they may actually be making your vision worse as you age. Dr. Anna
and Claudia Muehlenweg discuss how to heal your eyesight naturally
and why wearing eyeglasses creates bad habits that can lead to dry
eyes, more stress, and worse vision over time. Learn some simple
techniques that you can use right now to improve your eye health
and start to reclaim your natural healthy vision.
- [2:20] Dr. Anna has been wearing eyeglasses since she was 13
years old. Recently, she started wearing bifocals and noticed how
much they get in the way of reading a good book. Claudia is a
leading expert on helping people restore their vision with natural
- [5:20] Claudia has had vision problems since she was 3, which
caused her a lot of social problems when she was a child. She was
determined to get rid of her glasses and managed to do that during
her 20’s, but they made a comeback after her divorce.
- [7:20] Claudia has been practicing vision improvement her whole
life and she’s been teaching others how to do the same since 2009.
The foundation of all natural eyesight improvement is the Bates
- [8:50] Vision improvement is based on relaxation. When you’re
relaxed, your system can operate optimally, but that’s not true
when you’re stressed. In times of higher stress, your vision often
- [10:20] The vision system takes until the age of 15 to develop
fully. When a child is nearsighted, Claudia usually finds something
in their life that stressed the child and made them feel unsafe.
Not every person reacts to stress in the same way. For some, it can
manifest as eczema or anxiety, but the body will usually show some
kind of symptom.
- [14:00] The change in hormones during perimenopause can affect
the shape and condition of the eyes, but that time of life can also
be a time of major change that can be causing eye issues as
- [15:30] What is your vision for your life? How you view aging
can impact your quality of life as you age. Be excited about your
life and think about a vision for yourself in your healthiest and
most energetic way.
- [16:35] Dry eyes can be solved with something as simple as
blinking. When we look at screens, we tend to blink significantly
less, and if you simply blink more, you will notice a considerable
- [17:50] You can also close and rest your eyes more often.
Simply close and cover your eyes for 30 seconds, breathe deeply,
and imagine it as a mini-vacation.
- [20:00] If you do feel eye strain, taking a minute to calm
yourself can make a big difference.
- [21:30] Blue-blocking glasses are great for when you’re in
front of screens, but Claudia prefers software that changes the
light output. It’s preferable to get the blue light from the sun
when you’re supposed to get it.
- [23:50] Studies have shown that when we get up and spend five
minutes each hour doing some sort of activity, it increases our
productivity. That’s a perfect time to incorporate resting your
- [24:45] Notice what makes your vision worse or better. If you
need glasses to read, try reading at different times of the day or
with more lighting. Moving your head and eyes together as you read
and giving your attention to the words can help. It’s also
important to take frequent breaks and look around often.
- [28:00] Sunglasses were originally developed for extreme
conditions but they eventually became more of a fashion statement.
Wearing sunglasses can become an addiction just like smoking, and
they interfere with the amount of natural light you need to
- [29:50] Our eyes need sunlight. The practice of sunning can
help improve light sensitivity while exposing you to the sunlight
- [33:20] Your eyes adapt and your brain can improve your blurry
vision. Glasses do the work for you by allowing you to strain,
avoid blinking, and have bad habits while still giving clarity. If
you remove your glasses, your brain will adjust and you will be
able to relax into more healthy eye habits.
- [35:40] The goal is to do things without glasses and allow your
vision to readjust to a more natural way of seeing. The ideal is to
not wear more correction than you need, and ideally, you wear
whatever you need to do the task safely and be relaxed.
- [38:05] Just like diabetes, vision impairment can be reversed.
The right therapies can improve your eye health and liberate you
from glasses and contacts.
- [41:30] When you have your health, you have a thousand wishes.
When you don’t have your health, you have one wish. Most of us
can’t imagine our life without our vision.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Ten habits for healthy and happy eyes -
Always seek the advice of your own physician or qualified
health professional before starting any treatment or plans.
Information found here and results are provided for informational
purposes only and are not intended to replace a one-on-one
relationship with a qualified healthcare professional and are not
intended as medical advice.
Be sure to check out Dr Anna’s new book, MenuPause.
Get your sneak peek: dranna.com/gfd-sneak
Order your book today: dranna.com/gfd-book
Take Dr Anna’s quiz and get matched with your ideal menu:
Get your Weight Loss Checklist as well: dranna.com/gfd-checklist
Try her Keto-Green Recipes for Menopause at dranna.com/gfd-recipe
Sign up for her FREE masterclass today: dranna.com/gfd-diabetes