Feb 10, 2022
Instead of guessing, you need to test when it comes to your
health. Barton Scott is on the podcast to talk about his struggle
with brain fog and low energy, despite being a high level athlete
in his youth and how he discovered the connection between minerals
and optimal health. Find out how to improve your thyroid function,
why magnesium and iodine are crucial to your hormone health, and
how to get more of them into your body ASAP.
- [1:40] Barton started his journey because of his own
experience. When he was younger, Barton was a high-level athlete
and student and always pushing his body. His mother had ill health
for a long time, and he could tell that she was losing her vitality
as time went on.
- [3:35] Barton spent a lot of money on testing for him and his
family, and he noticed that nothing they seemed to be doing
affected the test results. He started looking at what areas of his
life he could change.
- [4:20] As a high-level wrestler, Barton had been supplementing
since the age of 12. Eventually, he realized that his lifestyle was
preventing him from really benefiting from the supplements he was
- [5:15] If we don’t absorb, it doesn’t matter. If you’re not
testing, you’re guessing. As a chemical engineer, Barton was
uniquely positioned to solve the issue.
- [6:50] Mineral supplements go a long way towards replenishing
the body and have a major impact on how you show up in life. It
affects your energy levels, your ability to sleep well and to
focus. We need minerals to activate the building blocks of
- [8:20] We are all missing something, and that something changes
over time. That’s why testing is so important.
- [9:10] Barton has done a few extended fasts in order to
accelerate the healing process of a hamstring injury. Knowing his
mineral levels at the time was crucial. It can be hard to do a
water fast when other people in your life aren’t participating and
it really makes you aware of your relationship with food.
- [13:30] Minerals activate all the enzyme pathways in the body.
The only other way to do that is with heavy metals, but we need to
take steps to protect ourselves from the accumulation of heavy
metals. The safest way to detox your body from heavy metals is
using minerals to fill those gaps.
- [15:55] Heavy metal toxicity is very common in people. Lack of
appropriate minerals is a pandemic on its own.
- [16:40] The source of your minerals doesn’t particularly
matter. Your body is smart enough to be able to make use of them,
whether they come from food or supplementation.
- [17:10] Iodine is important for a number of bodily functions.
Dr. Peter McCullough recently talked to Joe Rogan about using
Iodine as a nasal rinse as protection against Covid. Iodine is a
vital mineral and we take in such a small amount on average that
it’s surprising we don’t all have hypothyroidism.
- [19:35] Healthy populations in Japan eat 80-100 times the
amount of Iodine that the typical North American eats in a day.
Iodine is critical for the thyroid to be able to support your
hormones as one of the foundational building blocks.
- [22:50] Barton’s iodine formula is unique because of its
ability to be absorbed into the bloodstream without having to go
through the digestive system. Gut issues are incredibly common and
are the main reason people aren’t absorbing the minerals they
- [25:25] There are many ways to ingest the supplement and many
people report that they become more vascular. It helps with
cold sensitivity, which correlates to more mental energy and
- [26:00] It took the better part of a year for Barton to fix his
iodine deficiency. For a normal healthy person, we are not
consuming anywhere near enough iodine each day. If you have
chlorine or fluoride in your water, they are also interfering with
your ability to take in enough iodine.
- [28:10] Hair analysis is an important piece of information when
it comes to iodine and mineral absorption. It’s an easy
non-invasive test that can reveal a lot about someone’s
- [33:15] If you do hair analysis quarterly, you will have a map
that will serve you very well on informing you on what your body
needs and what you need to adjust.
- [34:45] Similar to the iodine, Barton’s magnesium doesn’t need
to be digested to be absorbed. It goes straight into the
bloodstream and enables your body to produce melatonin and
- [36:05] People that have had cramps have reported relief very
quickly after beginning magnesium supplementation. When you’re
stressed, your body is leaning hard on magnesium. Cramps are a sign
that your body is missing something.
- [38:20] Magnesium is good for collagen production and hormone
production and alongside iodine, is one of the most important
minerals for your health. It’s almost impossible to have too high a
level of magnesium.
- [40:40] When you get magnesium as part of your testing, ask for
a red blood cell measurement. It’s processed differently and more
useful for what you want to know. The ideal level of red blood cell
magnesium is 5 or more.
- [42:35] Get the test and the consultation. Without the
consultation, you won’t be able to see the patterns that indicate
Mentioned in this Episode:
upgradedformulas.com - use "dranna15" for 15% off
your first order
Always seek the advice of your own physician or qualified
health professional before starting any treatment or plans.
Information found here and results are provided for informational
purposes only and are not intended to replace a one-on-one
relationship with a qualified healthcare professional and are not
intended as medical advice.