Dec 2, 2021
Your oral health is the gateway to your immune system. Trina
Felber talks about how your oral health is directly related to the
strength of your immune system, and how poor oral health can lead
to a higher risk of heart disease, dementia, erectile dysfunction,
and kidney disease. Learn exactly what you can do to have a
healthier mouth right now and why you should be avoiding the
off-the-shelf oral care products most people use today.
- [1:55] Good health starts inside your mouth. If you don’t have
the right bacteria inside your mouth it causes a number of other
issues with your overall health, and your immune system is one of
- [3:20] People who fail to brush their teeth twice a day may be
putting themselves at risk of heart disease and advanced gum
disease. Both of which can raise your risk of a fatal heart attack
ten fold. Other increases in risk from poor oral health include bad
breath, dementia, pneumonia, erectile dysfunction, and kidney
- [5:10] Your mouth and vaginal health are directly related to
the immune system and microbiome of your baby as well.
- [7:15] Your mouth is your first line of defense. You can
transmit over 20 million bacteria with just one kiss. The goal
isn’t to get rid of all bacteria, it’s to have the right kinds of
bacteria in your mouth. Having an alkaline environment in your
mouth prevents the bad bacteria from growing as well as having less
plaque and stronger teeth.
- [8:40] Trina tells the story of a friend who was a dentist
whose client was catching gum disease just by dating a guy with
poor oral health. Your oral health is directly impacted by those
closest to you, so you need to get them on board as well.
- [10:45] Dr. Anna shares her own experience in reversing the age
of her own mouth. Most dentists will tell you that you can’t
reverse gum recession, but that’s not true. You just need to
address the root cause. Most people brush too hard. Your gums are
soft, and when they are bleeding they become an open door for
bacteria to spread throughout your body.
- [14:00] Nitric oxide is a vasodilator and is crucial to heart
health. If your mouth bacteria is not healthy, then nitric oxide
can’t be produced optimally, so your heart, brain, and sexual
organs will suffer from reduced oxygen and blood flow. Your oral
health determines if your body can produce nitric oxide.
- [18:15] Dr. Anna recommends for her patients to periodically
check their salivary pH. It can vary quite a bit throughout the
day, but it’s a good indicator of the mind/body connection at work.
Stress and cortisol will affect the acidity of your oral
- [20:20] If your saliva is unhealthy, everything else is going
to suffer. Supporting your oral health will always end up with
- [23:00] Everything inside your mouth you swallow, and that ends
up seeding your gut bacteria. Your mouth is your connection between
your gut and the outside environment. If you’re not producing
enough healthy saliva, you won’t be able to eliminate harmful
viruses and bacteria.
- [24:35] Your saliva should have minerals in it. If you have
leaky gut syndrome, you’re not going to have enough minerals in
your saliva. This is why mothers often have sensitive teeth or
cavities after giving birth.
- [25:20] If you can heal your mouth, you can heal your gut,
which will in turn reinforce and support your oral health. If
you’re buying oral health products off the shelf, you are probably
sabotaging your oral health by creating a more acidic environment.
Just making a switch to other products can improve things
- [27:05] Using natural products is better, but they may not be
providing everything your mouth needs to be optimally healthy. The
three components for a healthy oral care product is that it’s
alkaline, has minerals, and detoxes your mouth. Clay is the ideal
medium for optimal oral health.
- [32:15] There is no point where we can ignore our oral health.
People are seeing HPV in their mouth and it is a growing concern
among aging Americans. Tenderness and hot spots are the warning
signs that you may have an issue with your oral health and is
something you should talk to your dentist about.
- [36:40] Oral health issues are amplified by a poor immune
system. Getting to know your body and the health of your immune
system is very important.
- [37:50] Over the past two years of the pandemic, we’ve been
unknowingly creating the right conditions to grow the bad kind of
bacteria. The LED teeth whitening system not only whitens your
smile, the light therapy increases blood flow, reduces
inflammation, and stimulates collagen.
- [41:40] Blue light therapy kills bad bacteria by affecting a
particular molecule typically only found in the wrong bacteria and
destroying it. Peroxide should be avoided because it breaks down
your enamel as it’s whitening your teeth. If your teeth are looking
dingy, it’s probably because your enamel is thin and peroxide makes
your teeth thinner and more brittle.
- [46:30] Trina’s system is meant to be a part of your lifestyle.
People often do it while they are making dinner or answering emails
to make getting it done convenient. The system comes with a variety
of products that cover all aspects of your oral health.
- [51:20] It takes an average toothbrush over 400 years to
biodegrade. This is why Trina’s toothbrush is made from bamboo and
Mentioned in this Episode:
Always seek the advice of your own physician or qualified
health professional before starting any treatment or plans.
Information found here and results are provided for informational
purposes only and are not intended to replace a one-on-one
relationship with a qualified healthcare professional and are not
intended as medical advice.