Sep 2, 2021
Dr. Anna talks about turning 55 and the lessons she’s learned
along the way. She reflects on how her body has changed and the
wisdom she learned from her role models growing up, including a
couple powerful insights from her mother, and the unique challenge
that is going through menopause while raising daughters going
- [0:25] Dr. Cabeca recently celebrated her 55th birthday on July
28th and managed to do it with her friends and family around her.
This experience really emphasized the gift of life to Dr. Anna and
made her realize how much you should avoid taking things for
- [1:30] Aging is inevitable, along with the grey hair and
wrinkles that come along with it. The interesting thing is that,
despite her age, Dr. Anna has more energy now than she did over a
decade ago and is in the best relationships of her life.
- [2:25] Being 55 is a time of reflection. She has to pace
herself and sleep more than before, but after reinventing herself
personally and professionally in her 40’s, she is able to have the
independence and freedom in her 50’s that she never thought she
- [3:10] The hardest job she’s ever had has been being a single
mom, but it’s been a wonderful experience being a part of her
daughter’s lives as they grow. Going through menopause at the same
time as a daughter going through puberty has been uniquely
- [4:15] What were your dreams as a child? Tapping into that
vision can have a powerful influence on your future and the rest of
your life. Dr. Anna is not living the life she expected, but one
that’s even better.
- [4:50] Having the time to be there for her daughters has been a
big improvement, which wasn’t possible when she was a busy OBGYN
being run off her feet.
- [5:20] Dr. Anna had a number of role models growing up, each of
them strong, powerful women. She witnessed her mother in life and
death give love everyday of her life and the lessons she learned
from her shaped Dr. Anna deeply.
- [6:05] Your education is something that no one can take away
from you and you won’t put your hand out to anyone. Travel is your
best form of education. Learn from the languages people speak and
the way they greet you. That’s how you get to know culture and
understand people better.
- [6:40] What are you teaching to your children? What will your
- [7:00] Keeping a vision for the future is a powerful gift. At
55, Dr. Anna is able to appreciate the smallest things and
understands that she often needs to do less instead of pushing for
Mentioned in this Episode:
Always seek the advice of your own physician or qualified
health professional before starting any treatment or plans.
Information found here and results are provided for informational
purposes only and are not intended to replace a one-on-one
relationship with a qualified healthcare professional and are not
intended as medical advice.