Nov 11, 2021
Dr. Anna shares the story of her experience struggling with PTSD
and the fear of losing everything she had worked so hard to build
up over the years, and how, through those struggles, she discovered
the power of being willing to receive as well as contribute and
give back. Learn why oxytocin is the most powerful hormone of all
and how living a life of contribution is the best life you can
- [0:55] Community is healing. Being in a community increases
oxytocin in the body which is the most powerful hormone responsible
for the feeling of love and connection.
- [2:15] Our energy, thoughts, and emotions are held in certain
parts of the body. We usually associate oxytocin with the heart,
which is why heartbreak is a common and easily understood emotion.
It’s a physical as well as an emotional experience.
- [3:45] Dr. Anna was in California last weekend where she spent
some relaxing time at a spa. While she was there she met a
chiropractor who helped Dr. Anna release some tension in her back
and during the treatment they did muscle energy testing to identify
the source of the tension.
- [6:05] Dr. Anna tells the story of how her mother met her
father, and how an early childhood experience of seeing her father
lose his job impacted her. These memories came up during the
- [8:25] In the summer of 2017, Dr. Anna was struggling with PTSD
after her husband suffered a traumatic brain injury. She closed her
practice and rented out her house, all while struggling with being
a single mom and going into perimenopause.
- [11:00] During that time, she had patients coming to her and
asking for her help because doctors aren’t comfortable with
customizing hormonal therapies. She couldn’t prescribe them
medicine, but that was when she created Julva and brought the
product to the market.
- [13:50] That same fear of loss must have been what Dr. Anna’s
mother felt after leaving the Middle East to marry her father.
Sometimes we are hiding things from our children to protect them,
but it can still bleed through.
- [16:00] Hurricane Irma hit that September which was another
devastating hit to Dr. Anna’s situation. The storm ruined the place
she was staying with her family, and she was forced to turn to the
church for support.
- [19:00] After some incredible effort from members of the church
in cleaning up the destruction, Dr. Anna opened her home to another
single mom with kids who had lost virtually everything, and they
lived together for several months.
- [21:30] The more we contribute to others, the more good things
we receive in our lives. After that period of time, Julva became a
top selling product in the market.
- [22:50] Blessings should be paid forward. The energy of
oxytocin is life giving. Through contribution and the giving of
ourselves, we can let go of fear and take the next right step.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Always seek the advice of your own physician or qualified
health professional before starting any treatment or plans.
Information found here and results are provided for informational
purposes only and are not intended to replace a one-on-one
relationship with a qualified healthcare professional and are not
intended as medical advice.